Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 9

Thankful things
1. Ellie was an angel today. it was a very pleasant change from the rest of the weeks behavior.
2. It is finally cold enough for me to wear a hoodie and be just the right temperature. This is my favorite time of the year weather wise.
3. I used restraint today when a lady was making comments about my baby loud enough for me to hear. It may not be that big of a deal but after yesterdays experience with her I was really annoyed. Yesterday we went to play at a place called Evergreen Community Center. This lady told Ellie that she couldn't play with some toys because she would just dump them out and make a mess, she then told me that she had already taken it away from Ellie once. Excuse me! Who cares if she dumps a small container of alphabet magnets on a table to play with them. So today while we were there Lexie coughed a few times. She has a pretty nasty cough but doesn't have the cold anymore. No runny nose, no fever for over three weeks now. I thought most people knew that a cough doesn't necessarily mean you are contagious now. After she coughed she said loud enough for me to hear, if that baby has a cold we are leaving, all of us are leaving. I was so annoyed. It's one thing to make a comment that I won't hear, but I really hate it when people say things just loud enough to be heard. I'm not the kind of parent who is going to take my sick baby out to play. I wanted to yell across the room at her to go ahead and leave no one cares! I have lots of great descriptive words to use to describe her and I'm really not the kind of person who says anything in a situation like tat. I really had to hold back today, I guess when it comes to my kids a different side of me comes out. Anyway a little vent with my gratitude today. After she left I wanted to tell everyone what happened, but then I wouldn't be any better than her. So I took the high road, and I shared we you, since you don't know who she is!

Photobucket

2 comments:

twiddyfam said...

WTG! I don't think I could have held it in. In fact..similar experience, my 4 year old was having a tantram in Walmart and I heard the lady in front of me tell her husband, "I didn't come here for the noise." I took the low road and told her this is a public place if you don't like it, next time stay home." and walked on. I got silent cheers from other shoppers. Sometimes it's okay to defend your children, especially in your case, just remember to
"use your nice words."

ray-ray says said...

That's right--use nice words like "fudge". ;) Do you remember that from church basketball? Sunny was a pretty hilarious coach!

When things happen like that, it's really hard to not give the rude person a tongue lashing, but in a nice way so you don't come across as being a crazy mom. It's a fine line to walk being momma bears. ;)