Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 29

Thankful things
1. Lexie's cuteness. She has learned to shake her head no. It is very cute! I know the time will quickly come when it will no longer be cute when she tells me no. So for now I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
2. I'm alive. I know that may sound strange. I went to a funeral today (may I add it was a very nice funeral in my opinion). It made me grateful to be alive. It also made me reflect on life and want to become a better person. You start to think what would people say about me at my funeral. That always makes me want to be better.
3. A wonderful life full of blessings. I'm very lucky and haven't had to go through very many awful things. I hear of things others are going through and become grateful for my seemingly easy life.

Last night on Oprah they showed a you tube video called 99 Balloons. I had already seen it once and found it just as toiuching and heart wrenching the second time. If you haven't already seen this grab a box of tissue and watch. She interviewed Eliots parents afterwards and his Mother said something I hope to never forget in the face of adversity. She said she could be sad later. For now she was going to enjoy every moment. They have such strength. I found them to be inspirational.

2 comments:

twiddyfam said...

I saw that O too! Definately inspirational.

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Kari! Thank you for sharing about that video.. i watched it and cried. I feel so lucky and blessed to have a happy healthy 2 month old baby.