Thursday, October 30, 2008

Day 30

Thankful things
1.The ability to play the piano. Let me explain this one. I mentioned yesterday that I had gone to a funeral. I was actually the pianist for it. I felt very inadequate and thought there had to be someone else better fit to it. I was asked so I agreed. I am cheating a little with this grateful moment because it actually occured last night while I was in bed. I've never been one who is good with words. When bad things happen to anyone I never know what to say. So most of the time I just don't say anything. This probably comes across as me being heartless or insensitive. Truly on the inside my heart breaks for people who are going through trials and pain, I just don't have the right words to say. I became grateful thhat I got to play for this funeral and give something to that family that was grieving. Now I realize that the music was nothing they will remember but it meant something to me to be able give of myself for thtem. Does that make any sense? Although I might not of had the right words I gave something to this family. I like to think that made a difference to someone there.
2. My sweet Lexie took the cutest pictures today. I'm always grateful when we have a photo appointment that doesn't include any crying. She did great and of course was adorable.
3. The christmas season is coming. I know silly, but I love it. I love buying gifts, christmas music, the smells, the cookies, family... everything about the holidays I love. It just puts me in s uch a good mood. I am also very grateful to not be on bedrest thsi christmas. Some of you may know that I spend from October till February on bedrest and in and out of the hospital. I didn't get to fully enjoy the holiday season and I am very much looking forward to it this year.

Lexie's newly aquired skill.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rachael said...

"Now I realize that the music was nothing they will remember but it meant something to me to be able give of myself for thtem"

This is really beautifully stated. I think it's part of the reason Heavenly Father created music- if often says what we can't.

I think it's a wonderful way to use your talents to bless someone- Really, don't we Mormons make food for people just for that reason? ;-)

Robin and Stephenie said...

Have grown up being around funerals, I really havne't been to many. The ones I have been to have been for old people who have lived a good full live and it was time for them to go. Last winter if you remember Rachelle and I went to a funeral for a 21 year old girl that we didn't really know but had been where she was hit by a car. Her family wanted us to come and meet them before the funeral. Same thing came to mind of both Rachelle and I as we drove to meet them what do we say to a mother and Father who have had such a great loss. Really all you can say is sorry, and show your love for them.
I know you didn't think the music was much but that is how you showed your love for them. I am sure they were so greatful for you that day.

Tina said...

I really enjoyed your entry and reading all your thankful thoughts this month. It has made me more grateful as well as I've thought about what you've said and my days. Thank you!