Monday, September 15, 2008

sTORI Telling


I love to read but haven't much of a chance to do any reading since Lexie was born. I don't really like to read educational books, or serious books, or anything that makes me really have to think. I love to read children's books, love stories by Nicholas Sparks. When I read I want it to be an easy read that I can just relax and not think about. I just finished reading sTORI Telling by Tori Spelling. I thought it was a great book. Now of course you have to be a fan of hers to enjoy a book all about her and her life. It was interesting to me and I loved reading about her and Dean falling in love and their wedding. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. In the very end of the book she says, "We are not defined by the family into which we are born, but the one we choose to create. We are not born, we become." I just loved that. I love the thought and the fact that no matter how life starts for us we have the ability to change it. ( Not that I have any complaints about the family I was raised in or the way I was raised) We control our own lives and we decide who we will become. Not everyone grew up like her obviously. Not everyone wants to have a different life for their family than the one they were given as a child. But isn't it great that we can make those changes if we feel it necessary. I found her life so intriguing. Maybe because it so completely different than mine. It goes to show that money really doesn't bring happiness.

No comments: