Friday, September 5, 2008

Scars

Today was one of those days. You the kind when you want to give your kids away to the first taker? Lexie was needy, Ellie was crabby, and nap time couldn't have lasted long enough. I was excited for bath time because that meant bed was next and peace and quite for me. I was getting my girls ready for the bath and for some reason their scars really stuck out today. It made me change my way of thinking. For those of you who don't know both my girls were born early and spent time in the NICU. They have scars from their PICC lines, IVs and such. Ellie has five of them and Lexie has one. These scars made me think about all that my girls have been through. The odds they have overcome. They are perfect in every way. They had no issues while they were in the NICU and have had no long term effects this far from their small size or prematurity. It makes me think back to being pregnant with them both and being told that there is no way to tell if they would be "normal" or even make it to birth. I sit here crying while I'm typing because my girls are miracles. They have overcome and defied all the odds. I take it for granted almost daily that have them. Today as I looked at those scars I became so filled with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with these two very special spirits. My attitude completely changed and suddenly I didn't want to put my girls to bed. I wanted to hold them a little longer, give them a few more kisses and remind them how much I love them.
Ellie
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lexie
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hey! I am so glad you found us! Did you know that your cousin Heidi is our neighbor?? Small world huh! Anyway..i know we dont know each other very well but its been fun talking through blogs and facebook! We need to all get together sometime. Ps..your girls are adorable! There cute little hair bows make me want a to have a girl so i can dress her up..with my luck she will probably be a tom boy because I will dress her up to much lol!

LW said...

So tiny, and such beautiful little ones! I remember when Adam, Sophie, and I saw you and Nick at babies r' us getting ready to bring Ellie home from the hospital....so much has happened since then! What a couple of little miracles you have! *hugs*

Tami said...

It's so great to appreciate the miracles they are! You're a lucky woman.

ray-ray says said...

They really are little miracles!!