Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day 3 = Failure

I've been trying to get my girls to start sleeping together in their room. I decided I am tired of having Alexis in my room and she has a nice crib in her room that needs to be used. Since I'm alone when it's bed time I have been putting this off. Everyone tells me that their kids never had a problem they slept through each other right from the start. Not my girls! Day one I put them down together hoping they would just fall asleep. After 45 min they were not asleep and Lexie of course was screaming. I thought I'd change my plan and start putting Lexie down a little earlier than usual and Ellie down slightly later. I had success with Lexie she fell asleep without a sound. So it was Ellie's turn, she got into bed and proceeded to throw herself around and hit her head. This resulted in screaming which of course woke and Lexie and you guessed it she also started screaming. We took a few days off and tonight I tried again. Lexie went down again with no problems (which is amazing that she finally does that!) I let Ellie have a snack, watch Little Einsteins, call Nanny and snuggle on the couch with me. Of course all in an effort to get her to go to bed quietly. She put up a little fuss but surprisingly Lexie didn't wake up. Ellie continued to talk for the next 30 min. She played with her aquarium and talked, sang, bounced around her crib. Lexie didn't make a peep. I was starting to get a little worried about Lexie and was entertaining crazy thoughts in my head about her being smashed against the bumpers and suffocated so I (against my better judgement) peaked in the room. She was very peacefully sleeping and very much alive. (Of course I realize this is silly to think she was not breathing, but if I didn't check and something was wrong... I would never forgive myself) Ellie who was still not asleep got up for a few minutes to get more milk and then went back to bed were she proceeded to wake up Lexie. Maybe I should consider it a success we made it an hour and a half before Lexie was hysterical. Maybe tomorrow will be better. But I doubt it day four will probably be a failure as well. One day this will work, that's what I keep telling myself although I'm sure I really believe it.

Photobucket
In Lexie's crib.

4 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

it will work you just have to keep doing it. Super nanny says so. And what super nanny says works right. your doing a great job.

LW said...

You're actually doing a great job! Don't give up! I KNOW it's hard in the beginning.....I had to try over and over again with Sophie and Milo too, but they finally do just get it! I know this doesn't help, but I'm here for you *hugs*

ray-ray says said...

Good luck with that! Our problem is Lily getting out of her bed....it's driving me CRAZY!!

Rachael said...

Aidan didn't sleep in his own bed for the longest time, and then he'd only stay there half the night. I think he's only been sleeping in his own bed for the night for the last six months, maybe. Isn't it hard? I can only imagine having to make it work with two at a time! Good luck, you've clearly got your work cut out for you.