Monday, June 9, 2008

Lexie is 4 months old!

I can't believe my baby is already 4 months old! She has changed a lot over the last few months. She stays awake for several hours at time now, she used to sleep all day long. She loves to sit up and stand. One of her favorite things is to talk to Daddy. He has the magic touch with our girls. They both love him. Lexie loves to coo and "talk" and Daddy speaks her language. It so sweet to watch. She went in for her check up and is now weighing 9lbs 13oz and is 20in. I don't know of any other parent who obsesses about their childs wieght like I do. We get excited about every ounce she gains. She had to get shots and honestly she took it like a champ. Ellie had a harder time than she did. She was very worried about Lexie and i had to console her while Lexie laid there crying. It took me second and then I thought, "Why am I consoling her and not Lexie who just got shots?" Ellie needed to be held where she could see Lexie and make sure she was really ok. She is such a little mom. It is the sweest thing. I didn't expect Ellie to have any reaction to Lexie crying. She knew by the sound of her cry that everything wasn't ok. and she had to check on her "tister". Lexie has gotten to be a much better baby as she's gotten older. I can finally put her down for awhile without her crying. Of course as soon as she falls asleep Ellie decides it's time for a kiss and wakes her up. She is becoming a fairly happy baby and sleeps wonderfully at night for 12 hours! I can't ask for much more than that. Now all we have to do is get her to start sleeping in a bed instead of her carseat. My goal is by the end of the summer to have both girls sleeping in the same room. We'll see how that goes.
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

What a cute little girl she is. Robin says he is so glad that you are blogging so he can "get to know" his nieces. Thank you again for bloggin! :)

LW said...

I can't believe that Lexie is 4 months old already! She is such a cutie. You have such a gorgeous family Kari!