Saturday, June 14, 2008

Daddy does it better

Sometimes I find myslef starring at my husband in disbelief. Did her really just get her to do that? For some reason everything Daddy does is better than Mommy. He can get our girls to do everything I can't! A few examples. Every night I rock Lexie to sleep, lie her down and she almost immediately opens her eyes and begins screaming. Nick doesn't rock her, she falls asleep in his arms he puts her to bed and she doesn't wake up. Not a sound out of her. When Ellie needs a time out he points to a spot on the carpet tells her to sit there and don't move. She sits and doesn't move until her time out is over (which by the way is usually for hitting me). If I tell her to sit for time out she won't. I have to hold her or put her in her bed. If Ellie wakes up at night she doesn't want me, she wants Daddy. She will lay with him and eventually he will get her to go back to bed with no problem. If I try to put her back to bed she screams and won't go without a bottle. Both of our girls smiled first at Daddy. If you ask Ellie who loves her she won't miss a beat and answer Daddy. Everytime it never fails! I love that they repsond so well to them and couldn't be more greatful that I have him to help raise our children.

Nick is a wonderful father. Our girls are very lucky. He couldn't be a more loving Daddy. I love to watch him interact with Lexie. One day while I was feeding her he said goodbye to her and she stop nursing and turned her head to see him. It was sweet to see her respond to his vioce. These little girls have Daddy wrapped around their very tiny fingers. I don't think a little girl can love their Daddy more than Ellie and Lexie love Nick.
Photobucket

2 comments:

LW said...

awwww, happy father's day Nick!

Elizabeth said...

Josh is like that with the girls and while sometimes I wish they were more like that with me, I LOVE that they have what feels like a special bond with him. He has definitely become a daddy of girls and he LOVES it! I think we are lucky to have husbands like that :)