Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas Countdown

While I was in Idaho in October I saw a great idea at a little boutique. It was a Christmas countdown made out of a mini muffin tin, they wanted $38 for it. I looked at it and decided I could make it. So I shopped around and found all the things I needed and made three of them. The one I originally saw may have been slightly cuter, but mine was alot less expensive. To give you an idea of how it works you put the numbers over the muffin tin. They stick with magnets on the back and you put the candy inside the tin. I thought it was a great, reusable idea. I stamped the numbers on and then embossed them with a sparkly embossing powder, you can't really see that in the picture. I also made sure that if I used as a stamp it included glitter, it made it look much cuter.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Rachael said...

So ever-lovin' cute! Nice job!

Rachel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I got one from my mother-in-law that she made at an Enrichment activity! Aren't they the cutest? So fun!

Robin and Stephenie said...

you are so very talented I can't wait to get one in the mail. thanks so much for sharing your talent with me.

twiddyfam said...

Love it!!! You should teach a class, I'd sign up.

ray-ray says said...

you crafty lady, you!

Melissa said...

It looks so festive hanging in our kitchen...today Carson said, "It's time to start counting down!" Apparently we needed a countdown to Thanksgiving, getting out the decorations, and a countdown to the countdown :). He loves it and so do I. So cute!

LW said...

Wow, your so crafty, I'm jealous! Love it!