Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

Boy did we have some excitement on the fourth. The girls both had cute Fourth of July outfits to wear, Ellie's was a denim dress. Normally she wears a onesie or something over her diaper. I figured that she was getting old enough now that we didn't have to cover her diaper. We went out to the mall and did some shopping and had lunch. We didn't have any problems. I put Ellie down for her nap and was excited about the idea of two hours of peace and quiet. She fell right asleep and after 30 mins she started screaming. Since this wasn't normal I went in. I opened the dorr and was assaulted by the awful smell of poop. When I turned on the light I immediatley saw her diaper on the floor. She was standing in the corner of her crib and there was poop everywhere. She had taken her diaper off, fallen asleep and pooped! In her defense she did not play in it. She was very upset. So Nick took her and cleaned her up and I cleaned up her bed. She did not want to get back in beacuse there was poop in her night night. I had to show her that I had cleaned it up and explained that everything was in the wash and when she woke up she could have her things back clean. She did go back to sleep and was well again in our house. She hasn't stopped talking about it. She tells me when she has her stuffed unicorn and blanket out that she pooped on them. Needless to saw I learned a valuable lesson that day. Ellie is not old enough to go without a onesie.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

LW said...

Awwww, your girls look so cute decked out in their "festive wear!" I'm so glad you guys had such a fun 4th! And boy have I ever experienced the poop explosions (especially with Milo).....poor Ellie, that can't be fun!

Robin and Stephenie said...

That is horrible! I am so sorry. Your girls do look darling. I am so glad you had a fun fourth!