Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not just cousins

Ellie and Carson are about as close and cousins can be. They truly love each other and really enjoy being together. While watching them play the other day I came to the realization that they aren't just cousins. Carson is like a big brother to her. Ellie wanted to swing and climb in and tried to buckle herself in. Carson saw this and without being asked by her or anyone else went over and started helping her. With all the patience Ellie requires (which is more than I have) he help her get buckled in. He didn't just do it for her he helped her do it. I fully expected to see him then walk away. He didn't he then stood off to the side of the swing and pushed her. He stayed there with her the whole time and pushed her. When she decided she was done he tried to help her get out. He couldn't do it so he asked someone who could to help her. It was such a sweet and tender moment to see how he cares for her and almost brought a tear to my eye. She is truly lucky to have such a loving cousin who I know will always be there to give a push whenever she needs wether she asks for it or not.
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm going to be the first person to comment on your blog! Your story about Carson and Ellie almost made me cry. They sure do love each other. Very cute pictures of the girls.

LW said...

So Cute!!!! I'm so glad to see you guys have a blog! I just started one too! Your babies are absolutely adorable!

S said...

saHow cute! I'm glad you're a blogger now. It seems like that's the only way I can keep in touch with my old friends. You have very cute girlies!!