Saturday, September 10, 2011

Kindergarten

How can it be that my sweet tiny little girl is grown up enough to go to Kindergarten? It doesn't seem possible that Ellie is old enough, it feels like yesterday she was born. The whole idea of Kindergarten caused a lot of anxiety in our house for the entire summer. Anytime we talked about it Ellie said she wasn't going. She would just miss me to much and she wasn't going. It didn't matter what I said I couldn't convince her that it was going to be great. Ellie doesn't do well with change and she really hates having to meet new people. Going into things that she isn't familiar with causes a lot of anxiety in her and she gets really nervous. As the grew closer to start school she started saying she was excited, until the week before. When I asked her what she was scared of she told me that she was afraid that people won't like her because she doesn't always make good choices. It broke my heart that these are the things that she worries about at 5. She went to her orientation day and found out the one of her friends from church was going to be in her class. That was such a blessing! She wasn't so scared anymore because she had a friend. The morning of the first day came and she was up early and dressed for school. She was excited! We drove her to school and I'm happy to say there were no tears, not even from me. She was excited to ride the bus home, and I was excited to have her home and hear about her day. Off to the bus stop we went and we waited, and waited, and waited. Finally her bus came down the rode. The driver stopped, asked me who I was waiting for, and told me she hadn't been put on her bus. After a quick call she found out the she had been put on the wrong bus. The other driver was going to bring home. I had a moment of panic and concern. I was just picturing more poor little girl scared. Boy was I wrong. She happily got off the bus and told me how fun the ride had been, bumpy and long was her description. I was so happy to have her back and glad that she enjoyed her first day




3 comments:

Delee said...

What a brave girl! I'm so glad she had a great day. Her shirt is adorable! Where did you get it?

Robin and Stephenie said...

yea ellie what a big girl. and no tears from you kari wow

Kari said...

Her shirt is from Gymboree