Friday, July 15, 2011

Lila Jean











Lila Jean
6lbs 4oz
17in
Miss Lila Jean decided to join our family a little bit earlier than we expected. I was scheduled for a c-section on July 20th hwich was 39 weeks, but she had a different plan. Sunday morning, I was 37 weeks and 4 days, I woke up around 2. I hadn't been sleeping well so this not a surprise. Around 3 when I was still awake I got up and took some benadryl, hoping to get some sleep. Pretty soon I was feeling pretty awful and had a horrible stomach ache. I got up and went to the bathroom for awhile. I decided to try and go back to sleep. While I was walking back to bed my water broke. It was 4 in the morning and wasn't sure exactly what to do. I woke Nick up, never did either one of us think I would ever have to say the words, "Nick I think my water just broke." We started getting ready to head in to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 5:30 and a little after 7:30 I was taken back to the operating room. It was so surreal and I was so calm. Nick came in after my spinal, which was painless, and they got started. At 8:18 they pulled Lila out and she was screaming. It's pretty safe to say that she has a good set of lungs on her. They cleaned her up and handed her to Nick. I got to hold her as they wheeled me out of surgery and into recovery. it was such a different experience this time. I loved being able to keep my baby with me. Ellie and Lexie are completly in love, as are the rest of us. She is a wonderful baby, very calm and hardly ever cries. I can't believe we have been so blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy little girls.

4 comments:

jrkaman said...

She is so beautiful! Congrats again!

SarahJane said...

Congratulations! Welcome Lila!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kari, she is GORGEOUS. Many many congratulations! And she was born on my birthday, too! I can't wait to meet her.

Melissa said...

Hooray, hooray! My niece is so beautiful! I need to hold her! I didn't get a chance at Mason's party.