Saturday, January 29, 2011

Baby #3

Baby #3 is due to join our family July 24. Although this came as quite a surprise for us we have adjusted to the idea and are getting excited, especially the girls. I am already being seen by the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) group and have started a different regimen than I did with the girls. Over the summer I saw a few doctors and had lots of lad work done trying to see if there was an underlying condition that had caused my pregnancy complications. Every test came up negative or normal and we were told if I did get pregnant again nothing would be done differently because of the lack of a diagnoses. Two weeks ago I went in for my first appointment with MFM and the Doctor told me I do have an abnormal test score for a blood clotting disorder called AT3. It isn't abnormal enough for them to say I have it, but there is a strong family history of blood clotting disorders. Because of these two things she decided it would be best to treat me as if I have AT3. So i was started on Lovenox, which is a anticoagulant, in a daily injection. It poses no risk to the baby since it doesn't pass through the placenta. However new studies are showing that there isn't a coo relation between this type of medicine and it preventing IUGR. So we are hopeful that it will help this baby to grow to a bigger size, and hopefully be able to not be in the NICU. I will be seen every 3 weeks by MFM and get an ultrasound to follow babies growth. If baby is small then I will be delivered at 35 weeks, if baby is growing well I will be able to go on until 39 weeks. As of my last ultrasound at 14 weeks baby is right on track growth wise, but at this early on so were both the girls. We go back in for our next ultrasound on February 25 and hopefully this little stinker will cooperate and we can find out boy or girl.



12 weeks- I know I look huge for 12 weeks, rest assured my belly hasn't grown at since and probably won't until after 20 weeks.

7 comments:

Robin and Stephenie said...

I can't wait to find out as well. I really hope it is a boy so my little boy will have another boy cousin to play with.

Melissa said...

Yay! I am also thinking boy so my little boy will have a boy cousin :). Either one will be exciting though, just keep on growing!

Anonymous said...

So excited for you--hope the new treatment works out!

SarahJane said...

Yay for you!

conner posse said...

You're super cute!!

ray-ray says said...

Ummm...I was in maternity clothes at 12 weeks.

You look great.

jrkaman said...

Awwww! I'm so excited for you! I will definitely have to make another trip up to see the new addition to the family. If you are having a baby shower or anything let me know and maybe I can come up. Glad to hear things are going well! :)