Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Oh Why...

Won't she sleep in her crib? We bought a second crib last year for Alexis. She loves to play in it, she will not sleep in it. She stands up and screams as if someone was hurting her if I put her in there at bed time. She would much rather sleep in the porta-crib. I never thought it would be such a challenge to get the girls to share a room. Lexie really needs to move out of the closet and into her crib! Anyone have any wonderful advise to share? I think I need to write Super Nanny, maybe she can teach my girls to share a room.

Her nice, soft, comfortable, spacious crib, complete with toys and an aquarium.
Photobucket
The small and hard bottomed porta-crib she prefers.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry Kari! I don't have any great advice, but it is a very cute and inviting crib.

twiddyfam said...

Super Nanny would tell you to stay the course. keep putting her in the crib, going in occasionally and telling them it's night night time and then leaving. Eventually, go in without saying anything, just putting them back into bed. It's torture to hear them crying, but they get the point if you're consistant. It may be a rough couple of days or weeks, but that's what's worked for me.

Kathy Ricks said...

I suggest you take the porta crib down and put it away where she can't see it. If it's gone, she can't sleep in it! Of Course, don't let her see you take it away. good luck, Aunt Kathy